Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sad Goodbye

Mamma mia!

It's a little after midnight on Sunday night, and things are sinking in.  One of the most prominent things sinking in is that my things won't fit in my bags.  Hmmmm.  It's tough.  My carry-ons have breakables and books, while I try to put the lighter things in my larger suitcase.  Lucky for me, Kendra brought an extra bag and will let me put a few things in there. It's much cheaper to do that than to ship things back home.  I looked into shipping a 20-pound box of stuff, and it would have cost over 300 euro.  Sheesh!

Anyway, other things are sinking in, too.  We have one more full day of Assisi left.  Tomorrow we're walking through town in the morning and having lunch with Barbara, Francesco, and Vincenza in the afternoon.  (Dad and Joyce rented from Francesco and Vincenza when they lived here, and Barbara found the place for them.  All good people.)  Vincenza is making lunch for us at their home.  I'm excited!  

It'll be hard to be in good spirits tomorrow, though.  It's been hard all week.  No more denial; this is happening.  

No comments: