Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wine for breakfast?

Maybe not. I got to Ohio on Sunday afternoon, settled in with the family for dinner and red wine. Joyce proceeded to pour the rest of the not-so-empty bottle in my glass, so it was nice and full. Monday morning I woke up with the last finger of wine still in my glass, next to my bed. Hah. I sauntered out of my (read: Emily's) room while all of those regular suckers headed off to work and school. And as I sat, leisurely, contemplating what to fix myself for breakfast, there was a moment when that glass of wine seemed like an apt start to the next leg of my life.

But wait. Starting my day with alcohol? Inappropriate? Or is it the most appropriate thing ever?

5 comments:

Ayesha said...

My vote is for "most appropriate thing ever".

Anonymous said...

have a great time annie...I am soo happy for you!!
be safe...xo keely

Anonymous said...

Definitely vote for wine for breakfast...and just pretty much whenever.

Anonymous said...

Wine is so great anytime
Leaves you feeling fine
Up and down your spine

Annie said...

The votes are in - wine for breakfast! You guys all rock. Stay tuned...

(Keely - email me! How are you?)