Monday, November 10, 2008

Annie & Gnocchi

So, I'm starting to notice a theme with Annie. The theme? It's called gnocchi. Every ristorante we go to HAS to have gnocchi or Annie will not enter. In Venice this weekend, we were looking for a place for lunch. I noticed one place where the pizza looked great. Annie says, "I'm just gonna look at the menu over there." I tell her the first place looks fine. "But the other one has gnocchi con quattro formaggi," she whines. The same day, we're looking for a place for dinner. Once again, we're reviewing menus, the place has gnocchi; it's a winner. The next day - still in Venice, we're lost and really needing to sit down. We decide it's time for lunch. We find a cute little place along a canal. This place has three types of gnocchi. Annie has never smiled bigger. "Gnocchi again?" I ask her. "DO YOU KNOW ME AT ALL?" she yells. Seriously - she yelled at me! "This is my third gnocchi meal in a row, not counting breakfast." She was definitely proud of this fact. I swear, if they'd have had gnocchi for breakfast it would've been four meals in a row. The girl is mad for gnocchi and I can't blame her. The gnocchi here melts in your mouth. It's like cotton candy. Just look how content she is in this picture, post gnocchi.

No comments: